On Monday, I had several friends ask me if I wanted to go to the beach and celebrate Memorial Day. I'm not sure "celebrate" is the right word. Memorial Day is a day set aside to honor and remember those who have died for our country. What do you normally do to commemorate Memorial Day? What Do You Do?
- Watchin the Indy 500 and the coke 600 and watchin the history 300 and eating lots of meat
- —Guest gameroom
For Memorial Day
- Here is a song honoring fallen soldiers and their families. http://inonorof.bandcamp.com/
- —Guest Inonorof
- I try attend the Center Grove Cemetery Memorial Day Services and before the day I put flowers on the graves of the soldiers in my family -from the Civil War to the present. I do not "party" as I see most of the folks now doing- but reserve my mind for rememberance of the sacrifice these men made to keep our country free.
- —Guest Letta Richardson
What I do on Memorial Day
- This isn't going to seem like much, but I pull out "Saving Private Ryan" and watch it. It's just a small thing, but it puts me in the right frame of mind to remember, as it takes place in the war my father served in, WWII, and I think it is one of the most realistic films about that war. Then I just sort of have a quiet day.
- —Guest Annie
- We talk to our kids about why we have Memorial Day and then say a prayer.
- —Guest Nancy