Have you ever been to or stationed at Moron Air Base, Spain? Tell us all about your experiences. Share Your Experiences
- My father was stationed there from approx 1957 - 1961. I was born in Sevilla in 1959. We lived in base housing. My mom and dad loved it there. My mother recalled the Cristina Hotel in Sevilla as a favorite restaurant/night spot.
- —Guest Kathy W.
Santa Clara Housing
- Wondering when they closed the military housing in downtown Sevilla. It was located close to San Pablo Air Base
- —Guest aubrey evans
- I was NCOIC of Santa Clara Housing, downtown Sevilla from 1958-61. When did
they close this housing
- —Guest Aubrey Evans
- Was at Moron AB 63-65 In C.E. was in Ground Pow. Great ambiente in Seville & Torre M. plus. Friendly people great Feria.
- —Guest carlos sanchez
My Dad was stationed there-We went also
- I have great memories of 'Seviya' my Dad would take me with him to the 'Base' sometimes. I remember going out for late evening meals on the sidewalk cafes &all the music, clapping, dancing & guitars.
I've loved guitar music ever since, I've played guitar 35yrs, just bought a flamenco guitar made in Madrid, trying to play that music, I should've started younger! And the Parks! Awesome! Beautiful, looked and smelled great!
We, Dad, Mom & Son were there from 1957-61 then back to Lowry AFB Colo. So I could perfect my English & go to school in US(I learned to speak Spanish better than Eng.)
- —Guest MJH
transit alert,aerospace ground equipment
heaven if only you knew. hello to my daughter alexis caswell calabia I LOVE YOU!
- —Guest willie caswell
- I was stationed at Moron twice. It was a great assignment. Feria, the beach, Semana Santa, it was all a great time. Ken, the AFRS station is unmanned using outside program feeds.
- —Guest CommGuy
- Iwas assigned to the 3973 Civil Engineering Squadron at Moron from fall of 1960 to fall of 1963. I was in Water & Sanitation and my AFSC was Engineering Entomologist. Regarding radio - we listened to AFRS and our favorite DJ was "Stick-buddy John". I had two years to go when the orders came down and I extended a year to get it. I don't regret a minute of it. And the Ferias of Seville in April, aah the Ferias!! I would like to take a trip to Seville, but life has proved to me that "you can never go back". I know I'd be disappointed, so I'll be happy with the memory of my good buddies, the base and ahh, the Ferias.
- I was an announcer at the AFRS Moron radio station when it first went on the air. Is the station still operating?
- —Guest Ken Weyant