Have you taken the ASVAB? What advice would you give to others who are about to take the test? Give Your Opinion
- I got a 96 percentrile with a 259 so things have changed.
- —Guest unnamed
- In response: Yes, the ASVAB is easy for some people. I got a 99 my first try (my score was 271 even though the cutoff for 99% percentile stops at 203) after being out of school for a couple of years and with no studying. That being said: many other people struggle with the exam for a variety of reasons from lack of a well-rounded education to differences in natural ability. People who study, work hard and take the test more than once may not be as naturally gifted as you are, but they clearly display dedication and perseverance which are great qualities to have. Just because some people aren't as "smart" as you doesn't mean you are a superior individual or that you are somehow more worthy of becoming a member of the Armed Forces. It takes all kinds of people to keep the military machine running and people who you deem stupid are likely going to be providing a skill that you rely on. With your attitude, I sincerely hope you reconsider joining our Armed Forces; brains alone aren't enough
- —Guest Grrr
- First off on scores: If you go to www.goarmy.com they list the score requirements for each specialty and you can also search by scores, but you need your score set that includes GT scores and the like, NOT raw AFQT scores. Secondly, if you got a 99, you got the highest possible score and *should* be qualified for any MOS. A note on getting your MOS of choice: just because you score well doesn't mean they'll have openings in the job you want. Most jobs only require a specific score in one or two areas so even in you didn't do well overall, you may still be qualified for certain occupations as long as your overall isn't below the acceptable threshold (35, I believe). To everyone who thinks having to pass the exam to serve is unfair: this is a job where your abilities can mean the difference between life and death. If you can't understand the exam material then you are likely so be non-functional in a combat situation. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
- —Guest WhereToStart
- jordan 11 low top concord http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/ http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/ jordan 11 aqua for sale [url=http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/][b]cheap jordan 11 legend blue[/b][/url] jordan 4 green glow for sale http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/ cheap toro bravo 4s [url=http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/][b]cheap jordan 4 bred[/b][/url] bel air 5s for sale http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/ 3lab5 for sale [url=http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/][b]bel air 5s restock[/b][/url]
- —Guest jordan 11 bred
- Don't let a test score define who you are; knowing that how much you really want to challenge yourselves and serve your country.
- —Guest Kevin S.
to join the ASVAB
- AM POOR GUEST JUST WANT TO JOIN AM IN HIGH SCHOOL IN KENYA
- —Guest josphat muriithi
- I added up my scores and by that chart i got a 57, but on my paper i got a 60, i have mos 5300 or aviation tech, and almost qualed for nuke, with a afqt of 60 they said thats the lowest qual for nuke they ever seen,
- —Guest Ftn
- After taking the AFQT I got a 40 but was supposed to get a 50 for the Air Force. Is this considered the ASVAB and my recruiter told me I had to get a 50 on the AFQt. Is this true? Is this considered the ASVAB?
- —Guest KyleWililliams
- do you need to take the ASVAB test if you hold a MS degree ?
- —Guest WSDA
- My nephew scored a 22 then a 40 and was accused of cheating and the recruiter was there during the testing. If Uncle Sam cant trust his own men then don't blame the person trying to enlist. It is not fair to him. I saw so much mess and wrong doing that i was ashamed.
- —Guest Cricket
Might be outdated
- That graph for calculating the AFQT score might be outdated. I was curious, so I got my RA applicant data report to compare. If you took the (2VE+MK+AR) that you gave and compared it to my score it doesn't fit now. If you took that formula, for me I should've gotten an AFQT of 99, because that added up to 256. Whereas in reality I got an AFQT of 95.
- —Guest PVT Ridenour
- AFQT and GT score are what's important for most MOS's. And no, you do not add anything together. The AFQT score is as it is on your score report. I got a 97 AFQT and 131 GT. Just saying. If you get like 80 or above, you pretty much can get any MOS you want if no criminal or bad medical records.
- —Guest ABC
Unawswer Questions Mean WRONG Anwsers
- I took the test atleast 3 times in my life, once while still in high school, but never enlisted then. Then prior to m Marine Service twice, I didn't score very well my first attempt, even though I did answer many questions wrong. I didn't understand until someone told me that the test is scored based on ALL the questions on the test, not just the ones you complete. Meaning if I didn't cimplete sections of the test on time, ALL my unanswered questions were counted as WRONG. That says a lot, so when taking the test, watch your time, if you get close to running out of time, anything you don't complete will be wrong. You are smarter to guess at all your remaining questions before you run out of time. You have a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right vs. it automatically being wrong. Doing this doubled my score on the sections I didn't complete the first time. Obviously I made it in and my overall score was good.
- —Guest Marine MSG Fort
Will they honor my credits
- I have quite a few college credits and im interested in medicine. Will they accept my paramedic credits they are from OSU, And what classification would i be going in as
- —Guest Medic Rce
ASVAB Practice Test
- Another great option for studying for the ASVAB is ASVAB Practice Test Software by Recon TestPrep. Sixteen timed practice tests with detailed explanations of the answers. The timed practice tests are a big help to getting ready for the real test. www.practiceasvabtests.com
- I was just wondering how to calculate my gt score? I took the actual asvab in school and scored a 93 on the afqt. I was told to add up my word knowledge, paragraph comp, and arithmetic reasoning scores. is this correct? when i did that they added up to 203.
- —Guest Adam1234
- Are these listed from top rated (#1) to the tenth rated?
- —Guest hodag