The Department of Defense has softened their medical qualification standards for cases of childhood asthma, and history of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Have you recieved a waiver for asthma or ADD/ADHD? Do you know someone who has? Do you think these requirements are fair? Give Your Opinion
- if we had a war youd draft people with Astma lol now imagine (yea u cant join cause of astma) Ohh wait where at war now you can join.. hell naw im not going u dint want me when there was peace... now u expect me to go when there is war nope bye...
- —Guest plplp
- My grandson had a scholarship with a well known football club.he fee it up to join the army.he h's has I healers but never been to hosp.i don't think he had asthma.his doctorsaid he doesn't needthem .He is very fit.but been turned down.it ws probably a childhood ailment.disgraceful turning young people down that want to serve their country.when it was national service they got in for the two years with asthma.start a petition to change the rules.if there wasa war they would soon enlist these young people they wouldn't be excempt
- —Guest Audrey hall
- I was dissqualfied from USMC and the Air Force because of it they have updated the standards for 2014
- —Guest Quentin
- I have both (ADHD and asthma) I think ADHD would be a great thing in the military, with so much energy! However, serious asthma could harm not only you but the whole squad. Maybe there should be much more detailed medical examinations?
- —Guest Baby Unicorn
asthma holding me back
- I was a cadet captian in my highschool usmc rotc program and graduated with honors and i come from a true military family only me and my dad didn't serve from the colonial army to bellowwood, infanty artillery ranger marine medic glider airborne usmc & army recruiters bolth a no go my last pft i passed with asthma , three broken ribs , and plueisy still passed all basic requirements but slight asthma is a deal breaker sad right
- —Guest timber
drugs and functioning
- I am active duty Army and have a diagnosis of ADHD. I am medicated, but at a very low level. A recent discussion with my supervisor about my performance has led me to believe that I need to go back on a full coverage. I mentioned it to them and they were all like "so, you cannot function without your drugs" to which I replied, "so , you need xyz to function (xyz being blood pressure and such)"
- May also because I appeared and is sensitive to words, so speaking like some sort of book RenSiLi easier, but given that most of us greatly small quarrel because these kinds of thing before, and I asked him to create reconciliation is more very sensitive about me, I hope he can easily less joke about these kinds of what he thinks may entertain his request, I think he's always on the tone and joke has a basic sense of taboo, but he didn't. He was, as always, open the joke, but the reason we quarrel to relieve cooling is reverse, I was trying to help slowly to open battle an individual to play, such as the challenge cry, then secretly fine -- and so i increasingly feel sad. Can find us where were in conflict, but have not the courage at fault, a disturbance, and then the conflict grown to be like his eyes in a eyelashes, you use finger rub, knead, it is not to visit out, sometimes do not take care to roll the dough towards the corner, it will hurt the actual eyes, had to endure pain carry on and knead, knead it away this place, though it will certainly not bring pain, continued a day but it really is in the attention, it will have to cause another day.
??? ?? ??? ?????? http://gucci.choitoippuku.com/
- —Guest ??? ?? ??? ??????
- green snakeskin 11s http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/ http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/ buy gamma blue 11 [url=http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/][b]jordan 11 low top concord[/b][/url] jordan 4 toro bravo http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/ jordan 4 bred for sale [url=http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/][b]cheap jordan 4 green glow[/b][/url] jordan 5 bel air http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/ oreo 5s for sale [url=http://www.ajordanfootwear.com/][b]jordan 5 bel air for sale[/b][/url]
- —Guest jordan 11 low concord
- You can join, you need to meet with your doctors, get waivers!
- —Guest Crikit
- my dad is a soldier and i really want 2 become one.not jst a soldier but an army officer...i have asthma and it will take 5yrs 2 compete an officer training im i going 2 make it
- —Guest jim
asthma add adhd
- you can join national gaurd as long as your not on meds
- —Guest drew
Time for change
- I have asthma and allergies on a good day I can run miles. I want to join the air force and I will. I don't care if they tell me I can't im going to try and change things because this is discrimination. Just because of something genetic that's not our fault doesn't mean we shouldn't have a chance or be allowed to join. We have to fight for what we want. Not only am I a girl with asthma I want to go into infantry I'm gonna do it join and either fly or join infantry. Let's challenge the rules an win I don't like Obama but it is time for a change in the military.
- —Guest Dani
- I am a 20 years old and had asthma as an infant but have never had an asthma attack never used my inhalers but I am being told that I can't join the only thing I want to do in my life and that is to join the air force with my MD in anistesiology. Thats sad......
- —Guest Asthma
- iv had asthma my entire life and have always dreamed of fighting for my country and being in the fight destroying all who come my way ... but i cant because im asthmatic and i cant run and if i cant run i cant join its not about what we want its about the risk the army takes by having a asthmatic man or women on the team every body counts and if you cant run you cant keep up and slow you down the team its a battlefield you eventually go to and if you so happen to to catch a asthma attack and your squad gets attacked instead of you hand on your gun its on your pump and now you and your team is at risk and like i said every body counts... so yes i still dream about joining but sending a squad home in boxes is not something i enjoy dreaming about
- —Guest mathew
- Im 19 years old, I have Asthma & yes I do still suffer. However I know for a fact that there are ALL KINDS of things I am MORE THAN CAPABLE of doing in. The United States armed forces. If you want to serve your country you should be allowed and it breaks my heart that the Army will not make special accommodations for people to join and do certain jobs with Asthma.
- —Guest Chris