Have you ever been assigned to Air Force job, Cyber Systems Operations? Tell us all about your experiences. Share Your Experiences
It was cool
- just did 5 years in this job, well before it was 3C0's, now its 3D0's. I think you have to have a secret, not a top secret. stationed at Tinker i was Combat COmm in the Herd and it was brilliant training. worked on Deployable servers and it was all virtual which was different but cool. You will learn exchange, ADUC (big want on the outside), May learn how to program a firewall. Dns is a big thing as well. its a great job if you are into the whole computer networking thing.
- —Guest Sep Vet R
pls fix the main entry
- First off, whoever wrote this really needs to improve their proof-reading and/or grammar skills. How embarrassing.
Second, specifying C4I at any time here is pointless if not misleading, as this job is more often performed with non-C4I systems (primarily desktops for general use).
Third, a TOP SECRET clearance is NOT necessarily required. It depends on the job slot.
- —Guest Joe MSgt
- aig-the hikes in price are being driven by loans and sposlarhhics.i'm still very involved with my old high school.it was 15k in 1990 (it's a boarding school).it's $50k now.but 1/2 the students get finincial aid.the cost would be more like $27k id they didn't which would, ironically, eliminate much need for financial aid.the current model barbels the student population. the poor can go, and the rich who can pay for 2 can go, but the middle class either gets buried under loans or flat out cannot go.my parents scraped and sacrificed to send me. they would never have been able to do it today.the other reason prices are going wild is loans. they add leverage to the system.in a housing market where mortgages first become available (generally because insurance becomes available) prices tend to go up about 4X in 3-4 years.20% downpayments grow to the nominal amount that the whole house cost.school tuition is experience the same effect.if you want it to go truly parabolic, then you opt for the insane plan our entitler in chief is pushing:government loans for school capped at 10% of income as a payment and 20 years for duration.so, if you make $50k as an average and work 20 years, the most you can pay back (including interest) is $100k, which is not even half of many 4 year programs at present.this causes a horrific situation where you literally do not care how much it costs. $100k and 100 million are the same to you.this woudl drive prices wild, make all but the wealthiest need loans, and make debtors of us all while creating utter dependence on the feds to pay for private tertiary education. (which may well be the plan)ugh.
- —Guest qBYxMTBpjhcs
Gap between class sections / blocks
- Are prior service allowed to leave between class sections?
For example, a class start date that I am looking to go has a 28 calendar day gap between section/block 1 and block 2.
Am I able to leave Keesler during this time?
- —Guest Prior Service Turner
- I am looking at all the jobs i qualified for and most of them seem to be top secret and this really confuse me my recruiter says he has never seen anyone qualify for this job so i was wanting some more information on it
- —Guest Daniel
- I graduated from Keesler earlier this month. The classes are broken into sections, and there can be a wait time to advance. If everything goes smoothly it will be about 3.5 months. it looks to average a little over 4 months, and if you are unlucky you might hit closer to 6.
- —Guest A1C Sammet
- The job list my recruiter gave me says this job requires an asvab score of G-64
- —Guest Char
- What scores do you need to get into this AFSC? USMilitary.about.com doesn't provide the information and I am curious to know if I qualify.
- —Guest Greg
ANG Description and Training Time
- 3D0X2 - CYBER SYSTEMS OPERATIONS
271st Combat Communications Squadron (Fort Indiantown Gap, Annville) - This unit deploys, operates
and maintains mobile command and control radio nets, internal telephone services and microwave and
satellite transmission circuits.
YOU WILL BE INTRODUCED TO MICRO-COMPUTER OPERATIONS AND REPAIR THE TRAINING
IN THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED TO GIVE STUDENTS HANDS-ON TRAINING ON PERSONAL
COMPUTERS (PCs), COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT AND LOCAL AREA NETWORKS (LANs).
STUDENTS LEARN HOW A COMPUTER PROCESSES INFORMATION THROUGH THE USE
OF SPECIAL PURPOSE SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS (WORD PROCESSING, SPREADSHEET
DEVELOPMENT, AND DATABASE MANAGEMENT). STUDENTS ALSO LEARN HOW TO SAFEGUARD
CLASSIFIED INFORMATION WHEN SENDING AND RECEIVING MESSAGES VIA THE DEPARTMENT
OF DEFENSE'S SECURE PROCESSING NETWORK.
Tech School: Keesler AFB, MS - 14 weeks
- —Guest Returning Serviceman
- I just arrived at Keesler AFB a few weeks ago and all through BMT I was dying to know how long tech school was. So no one has to wonder it is 66 days of instruction.
- —Guest Airman Dalley