From the article: Army Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualifications
Have you ever been assigned to a Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) in MOS Field 09 -- Native Language Speaker? If so, tell us what it was like. Did you love your job? Did you hate it? What was your average day like? Share Your Experiences
Regarding the marine corps
- I speak 4 languages and I want to join the marines would I be qualified to be a lance corpl ?
- —Guest Joseph
- 16 years of age, fluent in arabic and english. egyptian arabic and modern arabic specifically.(lived 6 years in egypt)
- —Guest none
- translating English to local languages and from local languages to English. And I have been worked for(18)months with US marines corps in Helmand province Nowzad ds.
- —Guest khwaja faizuddin.
- translating English to local languages-Dari-Pashto.
- —Guest khwaja faizuddin.
am a translater I know 9 languages
- I am a zimbabwean born,with 9 languages read and translate,had been working in U.A.E,Botswana,Zambia and in Afghanistan but am staying in South Africa,I would like to join the career in US army as a translator
- —Guest mpumelelo
- So i'm coming fresh out of high school and I wanted to join the army to help communicate with other countries, I speak English and German.
- —Guest Kay
- I'm a Zero9L, the job is very easy and I love to do what I do. I was trying to join the Marine corps, but I couldn't make it because I pass the age of been a marine. Now I'm serving in army as zero9L. I love my job when I'm Deployed because I will be working with very educated officer and I don't have to worry about non commission officers mess up language. However, I hate my job sometime when I come home for rest, because I have to deal with some stupide fucks every day. This is the only reason I"m getting out next year. I hope this help some of you want to join this MOS. Plus the army don't need Arabic speakers or any other languages now accept pashto/Dari.
- —Guest David
Not Yet but I like to
- I speaks 2 different Nigerian languages and some french but not yet employed as interpreter and love to be. What chance do i have with you?
- If you mess the chance to get into the army and you don;t have that any more when you need a job in this economy, How would you do to relief your need for a job and also a career in the U.S army.
- —Guest simo
- i can speak persian //i have licence of graphic in enghelab eslami university//i live in iran//i understand also russian and english good
Experience in the Field
- i been working in iraq for 1 year now as 09l and its so great to feel you helping anther person to get what he or she need o9l helping iraqi and us soldier in the same time, we save live here from both side i'm so graetful for being here.
- —Guest nesto