Have you ever been to or stationed at U.S. Army Illesheim(Storck Barracks), Germany? Tell us all about your experiences. Share Your Experiences
- I was in B 2/51 from Dec. 1970 - Jan. 1772.
Anyone remember B.Strickland? T.Skomiro (A Co)? L. Shandick? Training at Wildflekken, Hoensfelds, Graffenwere. Greece in fall of 1971. Used to go camping outside the wall in Rothenberg. Took my wife and kids back to Germany in 2006 and stayed in Rothenberg. Bad Windsheim sure looks different.
Driver for S3 staff officers
- I was Stationed in Illesheim from May 1981 until around July 1982. During that period I chauffeured a Captain, two Majors and occassionally the battallion commander. And I must say, I had a great time with all of them. I drove around 25,000miles without an accident during my duty there, and i still think about those officers to this very day. I drove so must, sometime I was afraid to get out of my Jeep. Some of the guys in my Company gave me a nick-Name because of that, but I forgotten what it was. The Officers was very please with my driving skills as well.
- —Guest Oscar King
Driver for S3 staff officers
- I was Station in Illesheim from May 1981 until around July 1982. During that period I chauffeured a Captain, two Majors and occassionally the battallion commander. And I must say, I had a great time with all of them. I drove around 25,000miles without an accident during my duty there, and i still think about those officers to this very day. I drove so must, sometime I was afraid to get out of my Jeep. Some of the guys in my Company gave me a nick-Name because of that, but I forgotten what it was. The Officers was very please with my driving skills as well.
- —Guest Oscar King
- I was there from May of 1962 until November of 1963. My wife and I visited there in September of 2010. It was great to go back. She really enjoyed Germany. Who wouldn't. It is a beautiful place.
- —Guest Ron Snyder
- @ Illesheim in '57 before moving to Hanau in '58. Spec 4 in 54th Trans Bn (Helicopter) Worked in Med Section for Dr. Clyde M. Caperton (now deceased). Roy Johnson was primary enlisted man although SFC Kager was NCO of our section. Returned to visit in 2001 with my daughter.
- —Guest George
- I was stationed here in 1960-62 in the 66th Armored BN. The post has certainly changed over the years.
- —Guest Terry Griffin
11th Aviation Regt
- I was there fro 91-99. Had a blast in Europe. Great memories.
- —Guest Grich
Visiting illesheim army base
- I was stationed @ illesheim army base from 1971-73. My wife and I will be in Germany this September. What is the procedure for getting permission to get on base? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- —Guest Bradley J Deick
C Company, 66th Armor
- Schulz and Weldon...I believe I know you both...I arrived at Illesheim just a short time after the unit moved there from leipheim. Hawthorne was the First Sergeant. Drop a line...email@example.com
- —Guest Danny Cline
- My husband Was stationed in Leipheim had to leave to go to Illesheim,any body knows Glendon Morris ?
- —Guest G Morris
- THERE 66 TO 69 2/51 HHC 4.2 MORTARS. BAR ACROSS THE ROAD FROM FRONT GATE WAS CALLED THE COLLIBRI BAR. BLACK HANG OUT. SPENT MY FREE TIME AT THE WALL. SPENT TIME AT GRAFENWOER, VILLSEK AND HOHENFELS. DRANK AT THE NCO CLUB. LIVED IN THE BARRACKS AT FAR EAST OF POST, RAN THE TANK TRAIL 3 DAYS A WEEK. SHOT SKEET AT THE RANGE ACROSS THE TANK TRAIL FROM THE PISTOL RANGE. PULLED GUARD DUTY AT OBERDACHSTATEN EVERY OTHER MONTH WITH HHC 4/35. SPENT R&R'S IN GARMISCH
DRINKING AND FALLING OFF THE ZUGSPITZE. WOULD HAVE HAD MORE FUN IN VIET NAM AND DID.
- thanks for including my experience at storck barracks---just a quick note: I replaced Watson and Ward replaced me---seems like a ( W ) pattern to me. I wonder if the Ansbach personnel director was red lining last names starting with ( W ) to fill slot--just a thought! Bye for now.
- —Guest robert.wolfe
- dec '68 to dec'69--I was a generator jockey at hawk missile site. Spent the first 6 months going to site for 16 hours " on " and 8 hours " off " duty. By mid-'69 had more hours off site--spent time: drinking beer at the em club across from barracks or on KP or back to the missile site to do guard duty. The only good thing was that I won the top prize for all 3 slot machines without loosing all my nickles, dimes or quarters. Otherwise life at storcks barracks was just one big headache--especially during the winter--cold nights on top of that missile site mountain and also driving or riding in the back of a 2 1/2. Just an added note--those trucks had to go out daily with food and replacement personnel even though the base was closed to other units leaving during blizzards or high snow fall----Our barracks was behind the ( tank ) and the MP barracks at the entrance to storck barracks. Well I guess I said enough or maybe nothing at all, but I am glad that year is gone and I survived.
memories of 4bn35armor
- I was in Illesheim from 64-67 and from70-73 with b co 4/35 armor sgt. in 70 with wife lived behind em club had a 69 vw fastback blue used to go to west bar out side the gate had lots of good times there am planing to go back to visit in 2013
- —Guest henry brewer jr
- Stationed there Jan 68 - Jun 70 with 4-35 Armor BN and later with HHC 1st Brigade 4th AD
- —Guest Gary Hinkle