From the article: How to Become an Air Force Pilot
Are you an Air Force Pilot? Or, do you desire to become one? Share your experience. Share your experiences
- Flew F-16s out of Shaw in the 90s. Great experience. Get some Private hours now, if you can. Work a second job if need-be. Be prepared to get FAIP-ed out of flight school. It's rare to be a first-assignment fighter pilot. Good luck!
- —Guest 'DAWG'
I Get Allergies yearly
- I'm 15 and i thought being a pilot for the military would be a cool career but i get yearly allergies, would I be turned down automatically?
- —Guest Clayton
- Why is it that the colorblind are not able to join? What makes it a problem?
- —Guest Jordan
Am not sure i can do it...
- I've played many flying games. and the most accurate is battlefield 3. it has amazing graphics and u can shoot other jets down who have other players in. you can unlock many different weapons and countermesures. and its so realistic. so i decided to become an airforce pilot. am only 12 and i know how hard it realy is. and am not sure i can do all that science stuff. but am sure i can pull through. i know i can. but becuase of my ageing and already becoming 13. i still have asthma. but its starting to fade away. i dont expierence much as i did last year. only when allergies like dust and dirt can affect me. but i think i woont be able to. i'll just get disqalified :( i will never get to defend my counrty and fell waht it is to be a true American. and the amazing jets. the A-10 warthog, F-18 Super Hornet, Frogfoot, and the Flanker..... but hey... i can sure as hell fly those airplanes in my BEST vidoe game ver...battlefield 3.
- —Guest Alex
- Does the Air Force allow those with LASIK to join. Do they provide for the expenses of LASIK? How much does LASIK cost? What is the uncorrected vision limit? Can you flay with contact lenses?
- —Guest Wannabe pilot
- I have had the desire to serve in the US military for the majority of my life, and have already decided upon attending officer school upon graduating from my university. However, I doubt that pilots are constantly air bourne and have an alternate position in which they fill when grounded. I am currently majoring in neurosciece and was just wondering what other tasks/positions are thrust upon active air force pilots?
- —Guest Anonymous
My ultimate dream
- I am an RN who desperately wants to join the air force. It's a shame though that I am an inch short of that dream. Any advice?
- —Guest Mona
Civil Air Patrol
- Another untold bonus is Civil Air Patrol which is an auxillary of the Air Force. Cadet second Lt. makes you an E3. E3 equals more pay and a jumpstart of about 3-4 months on others for promotions.
- —Guest C/amn Putt
Advice for everyone
- James, ive got some advice for you. Join the Civilian Air Patrol. You can fly 5 times in a glider, and 5 times in a cessna. ROTc of any branch would help as well.
- —Guest Lucas
- My dad was in the AF and he said that they prefer people who don't already have their pilot's license because they want to teach you their way.
- —Guest maddy
- I second that. My recruiter told me the Air force is now paying for LASIK for anyone who doesn't have 20/20 vision as it is no longer in it's experimental stage.
- —Guest Jenny
Im just an interested applicant
- I Bernard bula writing to express my deepest interest in taking up the mention career,I have no experience but writing to seek your assistance in assisting me into taking up what i have been dreaming of to be part of,how ever im jst only a graduate Diploma mining engineer just recently graduated,and there after continuing taking up Private Pilot ground studies at the Philippines,please assist me encounter into your college.awaiting your humble reply.YoursSincerely.BERNARD BULA.
- —Guest Bernardbula
Good luck getting information.
- I tried calling and going by local recruitment offices repeatedly on a weekly basis. It seems they staff it with college students who are NEVER there. After my 30th call someone finally picked up the phone only to give me another number to call. Perhaps this is why only the persistent prevail. The least they could do is hire more staff.
- —Guest Sarah
- Thanks a ton for the info. I'm definitely going to try harder to graduate my devil school... Being a pilot sounds awesome. I want to fly. I want to join the military and defend my country. Any advice though? I'm only 15. I've never flown before. And I haven't played many "flying" video games like my brothers... lol
- —Guest James
thank god for lasik
- i want so bad to become a pilot, and want to support the AF. I was told i was on the right track by being an AS-200 in AFJROTC, but more specifically, what can i do?
- —Guest dylan
1-15 of 18Next