From the article: Installation Overview --Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
Have you ever been to or stationed at Incirlik Air Base, Turkey? Tell us all about your experiences. Share Your Experiences
- Was deployed there in 1958 for Operation Double Trouble. Incirlik looks like resort compared this old former flight surgeon. Didn't know that Gary Powers was flying out of there when I was there.
- —Guest Ken
A/2C Sibert USAF ' 57 ' 61
- Was at incirlik AB ' 58 ' 60 My USAF story on line at merhabaturkey.com
- —Guest Charles Sibert
- I taught fourth and fifth grades at Incirlik Air Force Base back in 1962 and 1963. It was a marvelous experience. I met many dedicated military personnel and also enjoyed the teaching staff. I visited many Middle Eastern countries. At that time there was less friction between groups in Middle Eastern Countries and the attitude toward toward the American Air Force in Turkey was favorable because the Soviet Union was a threat to Turkey at that time. I consider the two years I spent in Turkey one of the most interesting times in my life.
- —Guest Rita
Experience Incirlik AB, Turkey Cities
- I was stationed at Incirlik, AB Turkey and enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoyed traveling and seeing ALL the sights. I highly recommend this! you will only see this one time in your life and will probably never be able to return. I enjoyed ALL the culture and mostly my job and the people that I meet. I was stationed there when we moved into the NEW Medical Facilty from the old one. Very interesting! Live and Enjoy ALL that you see while in the service it is fantastic!!!!
- —Guest MARIA
President of dairy company
- My company has operated a milk processing plant at Incirlik for many years. We provided all the milk products to the US troops on the base and in the vecinity, It was a nice job for my company and for the soldiers. A very pleasant place.
- —Guest Paul