- You wanna make as much as those evil rich guys. Well, this is America, and you can. Except you realized or decided all by your, that you are either too lazy or too stupit do do the work necessary to become rich. Oh, but take away all the rich guys money and it will all be better, that's your idea. You decided right.
- —Guest TonyMac
- I beleave they'll continuee to take away from our Solider's little by little as they always fight for there right for them to continuee to screw them.. Wrong
- —Guest Sandy
NO is not
- The military gets ramdomly drug tested. why dont we test the welfare and those who depend on public assistant for anything WIC, Title 22 or title 26 section 8 or get anything for free from the gov. I say whatever we get from that increase mil pay with it. also monitor the money check their homes make sure they are not putting their SNAP .35C or .50C to a dollar as all do then use the money for lets see fake nails, coach purse 100 pairs of shoes and other stuff like DRUGS. its sad but not surprising we have giving them a fish and they learned its easier that way most do not accept the free college they get along with it, in hope they get off the assistance. As a police officer it kills my faith in AMERICA, but THANK GOD for all the soilders SERVING they BRING IT BACK to me and many others. GOD BLESS OUR SOILDERS
- —Guest Welfare Child
DO we really Make it?
- For those who are OFficer with many years in the Military yes maybe, but those enlisted who also have a college "Paper" even some enlisted personnel have higher education then officers the pay is not the same. Think for those who do not have a mother of a father due to being overseas think of that kid who once had an imaginary friend but now it turn into an Imaginary father becasue he has been deployed for 18mos and his wife had to cut on her expenses because the income in not the same becasue he took a 78% paycut when he was activated to active duty after only being a reservist for 2yrs. I know the price the real price the least we can do is raise the pay, and take care of their families. Teachers also the only support I get outside my family is from school and her teachers she develop a learning dis due to her dad being gone for 18 mnos. which he only came home 1 to burry his brother whom died unexpectectly. I know im not the only one I know im not. RAISE$
- —Guest Mil Per
yes and no
- Servicemen and women who are protecting our country and citizens should get paid more.....but what about the soliders who have never been to the middle east (never seen combat) or have served one tour....what about the soliders that have had the luxury to be with their families throughout their military career and only have been away from them once or never? Should they be paid the same? I'm not sure. I have a lot of military in the family and have seen them deploy many times and their family have to struggle. But I've seen where they never deploy......May God Bless those that have served.
- If you are in it for the money, then you are in it for the wrong reason. Sure I would like a bigger paycheck, but quite honestly there are many other benefits that we see that our civilian counterparts don't. We risk our lives and devote our blood, sweat, and tears for this country. But so should every American who dares call themselves "Patriots." I'm a military man, and yes I'm very proud to say I help defend this country. But to be fair, teachers and many other people outside the military are just as important and I think THEY need to be compensated as well. It's not just about our military pay. No I don't think politicians should be paid as much as they are, but at the same time there's no reason we should be skimping on the education and security of the future America. Cut education, police, public essentials, and more just so we can keep tax cuts for the wealthy? Sorry, that doesn't make sense to me. I joined to help America be better, not worse.
- —Guest soldier.
- A "volunteer" military? Funny, when I volunteer at the Red Cross or at my church, I get no pay.... Base Pay, Signing Bonuses, $40k for a House Bonus, Separation Allowance, Food Allowance, Housing Allowance.... And I am still expected to send cell phones, candy bars, and everything else under the sun. Yet, I know of an enlisted man who sends home parts for his SUV he ordered online. And by the way, GeorgieTheDraftDodger started the two unnecessary wars we're in, not Obomber!
- —Guest Vounteer
- Why "hide" the pay rates? Make them easy to find, for Gods sakd do us a favor (usa spelling).
- —Guest john mullen.
- Too all you liberal communist, who hate Wars, but start them all. The Military of the United States deserves only the best, and a pay raise every year.They will be the guarding force that will stop Obama and his communist from changing this country,they are our sons and daughters,they fight for liberty and justice and the American way.....Not the way of what ever morron is in the White house and Obama is a good example, A man that has NEVER been in the Military, has NEVER really worked except in the Government and does not understand self sacrivise. Do the sons and dayghters of america deserive a pay raise.....Yes.
- —Guest Sarg
Get paid enough?
- When we enlisted we signed a contract stating that we are property of the government, and in that contract it states that the only thing the government owes us is food, a place to stay, and freedom of religion. Granted, we put our lives on the line every day out there, and yes, more pay would be a blessing to those of us that have families to feed and take care of, but most of us don't do this for the money. I for one don't. I serve God and country, for the rewards of service. Yeah, it may be difficult, but we are handed healthcare and dental, and life insurance too. Taking that into consideration, we have a pretty good gig. But financial security would be appreciated. If good ol' Uncle Sam had the right people at the helm who weren't in it for their benefit, like us, then people would be a whole lot more prosperous.
- —Guest Capricorn
Those Who Serve For Our Protection
- I applaud all those men and women who serve to protect us. The armed forces, security forces, FBI, CIA, police, homeland security and others. I feel that these are the people who should be making top salaries, on going bonuses and pay raises for time served.Teachers should also be rewarded.
- —Guest sheila
Are You Free..
- Our US Troops are not paid as much as they should be. They protect are homes, rights & freedom every day putting their lives on the line for U.S.A. And yet an athlete playing a game makes more money per game !! I guess my answer is NO, I do not think the pay raises are fair. Our Troops deserve MORE than FAIR.
No worries, we make plenty
- Thank you to all those who support military salary increases, and feel we should get more...but honestly we are already paid generously when compared to our civilian contemporaries. As a mid ranked NCO I was making $67,000 a year. That's $32 an hour on a normal week. Now that I've obtained a commission I am up over $100,000. $50.48 an hour based on a 40 hr week. Privates walking in off the street make 15 to 17 an hour. I don't pay for healthcare. I have a 20 year retirement. America takes care of it's servicemembers generally. And in a combat theater my pay is essentially tax free and I make an additional 700ish more a month on top. Thank you kind Americans!
- —Guest Daniel
Are you kidding me - 1.4%
- My sons are currently active duty - one enlisted, the other an officer. It is not fair to pay them the amount the government pays people who lay their lives on the line for us every day - considering that Obama hates the military and America, it turns my stomach that he is my sons' commander in chief and they have to salute him. I don't; I won't. I long to tell him what I think of him...especially when the House offers 1.9% raise and the POS POTUS offers 1.4%....but gives billions of dollars away to Pakistan and other countries who harbor terrorists and hate our guts. We all know Obama isn't man enough to be a solder - he'd never make it - yet he does everything he can to destroy our military...cut, cut, cut.
- —Guest mother of military men
money, the economy, and budgeting
- I have been reading all of these replies and some of them have made me laugh, some of them have pissed me off, some have made me proud and finally I pretty much decided I have to add my two cents. I agree that the pay raise is negligible (mine was 17 dollars) and that in the past we have recieved far greater raises. That said, if you are an E-4 and below who doesn't know how to budget and live paycheck to paycheck, then you need to learn. Even when we were getting those raises we still didn't have a lot of money. And trust me we had a lot less then you. You need to learn to live within your means, not blame others( like the president) for your financial irresponsibility. And if you are that serious about having more money then go get a second job. All you have to do is request permission to do so. The worst your command can say is no.
- —Guest Navy Single Mom