1. Careers
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Discuss in my forum

Installation Overview --Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii


6 of 9

Installation Overview --Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

Officer housing

Photo courtesy U.S. Marine Coprs

The Family Housing Department and Forest City, the Public Private Venture (PPV) partner, provides housing to families of Marines assigned to duty on Oahu and members of other services assigned to Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay and Marine Forces Pacific at Camp H. M. Smith.

MCB Hawaii Housing Office is located in Building 455, at the corner of Lawrence and Pancoast Street. Hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Active duty military personnel may be placed on a housing waiting list in advance, once a r DD1746 (Application for Assignment to Housing) and a copy of your PCS orders are received. However, you will not be offered a house prior to physically arriving and officially reporting for duty.

Please fill out this application, DD1746), then print the application and fax it to 808-257-1259 or DSN 315-457-1259, or you may mail the application. If you have an email address, please include this information in your application. Once your application has been sent, please allow 10 working days for information to be added to our database.

Upon arrival, all service members accompanied by command-sponsored dependents must report to the Family Housing Office located on Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay. You can accept and move into housing up to 14 days before your family arrives.

If you have family members (dependents) enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) or with special physical challenges, please notify us before you move from your current duty station. Please call MCBH Kaneohe Bay Housing Office at DSN 315-457-1257 or 808-257-1257.

Private rental housing, Section 802, is available on Base at MCBH Kaneohe Bay. These units are available to all active duty service members eligible for family housing. For more information please call 808-257-1257 ext 206, FAX 808-257-1259.

Single Service Member Housing for E5 and below, the unit/command is responsible for assigning Bachelor Enlisted Quarters (BEQ). For E6-E9, the Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) at 808-257-4170 or DSN 315-457-4170 is responsible for temporary/permanent lodging assistance.

For Officers, Bachelor Officers Quarters (BOQ) at 808-257-2409 or DSN 315-457-2409 is responsible for temporary/permanent lodging assistance.

Readers Respond: Experiences at Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.