1. Careers
Send to a Friend via Email
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Discuss in my forum

Installation Overview --Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii


5 of 9

Temporary Lodging
Installation Overview --Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

Hale Koa Hotel

Some military lodging facilities and most major commercial hotels in Hawaii do not accept pets. For pet owners, there is the MWR Pet Kennel (or MWR kennel) facility located near the airport. For more information, contact at 808-368-3456.

The Hale Koa Hotel is a military hotel. However, it’s classified as a recreational facility and will charge a daily room tax. Contact the TLA Office on MCBH at 808-257-2705/0977 for further guidance if interested in staying at this facility.

Single Service Members or Geographic Bachelors (Geo-Bachelors) Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) Division (formerly Bachelor Housing) operates both the permanent and transient housing aboard Marine Corps Base Hawaii. The Division has two sections: the Permanent UPH Section (servicing those personnel permanently assigned to MCBH) and the Transient UPH Section (servicing those personnel visiting the Base).

For E5 and below, the unit/command is responsible for assigning Bachelor Enlisted Quarters (BEQ). For E6-E9, the UPH at 808-257-4170 or DSN 315-457-4170 is responsible for temporary/permanent lodging assistance. For Officers, Bachelor Officers Quarters (BOQ) at 808-257-2409 or DSN 315-457-2409 is responsible for temporary/permanent lodging assistance.

NOTE: Service members noted above are required to check in to their respective offices mentioned above soon after reporting into the unit/command. Failure to comply may result in the forfeiture of Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), an entitlement to cover temporary lodging and meals.

For service Members with Family there is the Lodge at Kaneohe Bay. The Lodge on Kaneohe Bay is the designated as government lodging facility located on MCBH for service members assigned to Kaneohe Bay.

For members assigned to MCBH Kaneohe Bay, it is recommended to use The Lodge on Kaneohe Bay, if available. The Lodge has limited pet-friendly rooms available. If there are no rooms available, a Statement of Non-Availability is issued by the lodge which allows the patron to use an off-base hotel/lodging facility that will be reimbursed by the government.

When filing a reimbursement claim for lodging, without the Statement of Non-Availability at that time, any lodging expense incurred will be reimbursed at the government lodging facility rate.Reimbursement for lodging is handled by the TLA Office (for all Marines) and command TLA Reps or PSD Pearl Harbor (for Navy).

You may choose to use an off-base lodging facility without checking the government lodge for availability.

Readers Respond: Experiences at Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.