1. Careers
Send to a Friend via Email
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Discuss in my forum

How do I get a copy of military records?


Question: How do I get a copy of military records?
Answer: You can request a copy of your military records, or the records of a deceased veteran (if you're one of the "next of kin") from the National Military Personnel Records Center.

Additionally, you can request information about anyone who has served in the U.S. Military, as long as that information isn't protected by the Privacy Act of 1974.

Details about requesting copies of military records can be viewed in the article, Obtaining Military Records.

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.