MOS/Title: 8878 -- Historian
Type of Officer : All
Type of MOS : FMOS
Rank Range: N/A
Job Description: Marine Corps historians function as coordinators of historical activities and participate in a military historical writing program of military historical institutions.
Must possess a master's degree in history from an accredited university.
(1) Researches and writes official histories of Marine Corps activities.
(2) Supervises, as required, the preparation of such histories with background in historical references, libraries, and archives.
(3) Participates as researcher, interviewer, and editor in oral history interviews with senior officers and key participants insignificant Marine Corps activities.
(4) Monitors the conduct of oral history interviews by field organizations.
(5) Instructs or may instruct in military history, with emphasis on amphibious warfare, at officer schools.
(6) Prepares lesson plans and supporting instructional material.
(7) Advises commanding officers on historical matters.
(8) Instructs or may instruct in naval service educational institutions such as Command and Staff Colleges or the U.S. service academies.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, part 1