MOS/Title: 8820 -- Aeronautical Engineer
Type of Officer : All
Type of MOS : FMOS
Rank Range: N/A
Job Description: Aeronautical engineers supervise and coordinate design, development, testing, procurement, overhaul, modification, and repair of aircraft subsystems.
(1) Complete the Aeronautical Engineering curriculum number 610 at the Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, or equivalent post graduate degree program at comparable accredited institution.
(2) Open to aviation officers (MOS 75XX) only.
(3) Prior physics preparation required.
(1) Supervises and coordinates research, design, development, and testing of aircraft and aircraft subsystems.
(2) Plans and supervises execution of development programs for aircraft and aircraft subsystems.
(3) Coordinates activities associated with development and procurement plans and programs for aircraft and aircraft subsystems.
(4) Establishes and maintains liaison with other components of the Armed Forces to exchange pertinent data.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Aeronautical Engineer 002.061-014.
(2) Aeronautical Test Engineer 002.061-018.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, part 1