MOS/Title: 5910 -- Aviation Radar Maintenance Officer
Type of Officer : Warrant Officer
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: CW05 to WO
Job Description: Radar maintenance officers supervise and coordinate radar maintenance personnel in the tasks of radar site selection, installation, maintenance, and repair of aviation radar systems. Operating forces billet assignments for this officer will be in a Marine Air Control Group. Nonoperating forces billet assignments for the radar maintenance officer include training billets at the Communications-Electronics School, maintenance officer billets at the Marine Corps Logistics Base and acquisition project officer at Marine Corps Systems Command/Material Command. These billets require the radar maintenance officer to have good verbal and written communication skills. The radar maintenance officer should complete the Electronics Maintenance Supervisor Course after selection to warrant officer. Upon promotion to warrant officer, PMOS 5910 is assigned. PMOS is not dependent upon the completion of this course.
(2) Must have a secret security clearance .
(3) This is a highly technical MOS and requires the radar maintenance officer to have a thorough knowledge of electronics theory and radar propagation principles.
(1) Responsible for all radar systems, support equipment, and electronics maintenance personnel assigned to the radar section.
(2) Ensures that assigned maintenance personnel are adequately trained and that all radar equipment is maintained in an operational condition capable of supporting the command's mission.
(3) Informs the commanding officer or communications-electronics officer on the progress of work and status of the radar equipment.
(4) Supervises the more difficult repairs or modifications to the equipment.
(5) Maintains a thorough familiarity with both surveillance and fire control radar systems and their associated MARK XII IFP subsystems.
(6) Assigned responsibility for one or more of the TAOC radar systems and associated equipment.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Supervisor, Electronics Systems Maintenance 828.161-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, part 1