MOS/Title: 4302 -- Public Affairs Officer
Type of Officer : Unrestricted Line Officer and Warrant Officer
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: LtCol -2ndLt
Job Description: Public affairs officers advise Marine Corps and combatant commanders and their staff on public affairs capabilities, and public affairs matters that include public information, community relations and internal information. Public affairs officers perform duties In international and/or joint public affairs. In garrison, public affairs officers manage the activities of a public affairs office.
(1) Certifying authority for 4302 primary MOS is the CMC (PA).
(2) Certifying authority for 4302 additional MOS is the CMC (PA)
(3) Officers of other primary MOSs, who are filling a 4302 billet, meet the performance standards in MCO 1510.62, have completed Public Affairs Officer Qualification Course-DL-Phase 2 at DINFOS, Ft. Meade, MD, and who have demonstrated a satisfactory level of public affairs experience, may apply for MOS 4302 as an additional MOS only.
(4) Public affairs officers are able to compete for MOS 4305 (Mass Communication Specialist) through the Special Education Program Board process, which enables public affairs officers to attain a Master of Communications degree at San Diego State University.
(5) Schools available:
(a) Public Affairs Officer Qualification Course (PAOQC) at Defense Information School (DINFOS), Ft. Meade, MD -Entry Level MOS course.
(b) The Public Affairs officer Qualification Course-DL-Phase 2 at DINFOS, Ft. Meade, MD.
(c) Joint Senior P:.ililic Affairs Officer Course (JSPAC) at DINFOS, Ft Meade, MD-Senior Level MOS course.
(d) DoD Joint Course in Communication at University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK-Interim Level MOS course.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.62, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Public Relations Representative 165.067-010.
(2) Editor, publications 132.037-022.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, part 1