MOS/Title: 2305 -- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Officer
Type of Officer : Limited Duty Officer and Warrant Officer
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: LtCol to Capt, CW05 to WO
Job Description: Explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) officers supervise or command and serve as special officers. Specifically, they are responsible for the EOD function associated with locating, accessing, identifying, rendering safe, neutralizing, and disposing of hazards from foreign and domestic, conventional, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high yield explosives (CBRNE), unexploded explosive ordnance (UXO) , improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and weapons of mass destruction (WMD) that present a threat to operations, installations, personnel, or materiel.
(1) This MOS may only be assigned to a warrant officer/limited duty officer previously qualified in MOS 2336.
(3) Must meet all requirements for assignment to a critical position within the Nuclear Weapons Personnel Reliability Program (PRP); refer to SECNAVINST 5510.35.
(4) Must have normal color vision and no claustrophobic tendencies.
(5) In the performance of their duties, must be physically qualified for an explosive driver's license as well as emergency vehicles operator license, per NAVSEA, SWO 20-AF-ABK-OIO.
(6) Requirements for continued qualification and progression training are:
(a) Advanced electronics.
(b) Advanced EOD TTP.
(c) Specialized Demolition.
(d) Post Blast Investigation.
(e) Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD).
(f) Improvised Explosive Devices (lED).
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, rand skill progression schools, refer to MCO P3500.XX, EOD T and T Manual and EOD MOS Roadmap.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
No civilian equivalent.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, part 1