Since World War II, the U.S. Navy's carriers have been the national force of choice. In over 80% of the times when the World was faced with international violence, the United States has responded with one or more carrier task forces. Over the past 25 years, requirements for USN carrier forces to be on station to respond to a crisis have increased.
The Aircraft Carrier
- Why does the U.S. Need the aircraft carrier?
- Basic Description
- Aircraft Carriers Facts
- Listing of All U.S. Navy carriers
- Aircraft Carrier Photos
- Carrier History (Part I - The Early Years)
- Carrier History (Part II - WWII - 1941 - 1942)
- Carrier History (Part III - 1943)
- Carrier History (Part IV - 1944-1945)
- Carrier History (Part V - Post War)
- Carrier History (Part VI - Korea and the 1950s)
- Carrier History (Part VII - Space and Vietnam)
Information & Graphics Courtesy of U.S. Navy