NEC 9580 Command Master Chief
Performs as the principle enlisted advisor to their respective commander/commanding officers under the provisions of OPNAVINST 1306.2 (series).
1. NEC is assigned to personnel in paygrade E 9 with two years time in distributable NEC 9580. Submit NAVPERS 1221/6 to BUPERS (Pers-40FF).
2. Qualification for NEC is based on successful screening by CHNAVPERS.
3. Commanding officers must periodically review the performance of personnel assigned NEC 9580 for purposes of NEC quality control.
4. Completion of Senior Enlisted Academy (CIN/CDP: P-920-1301/960F) is required in conjunction with assignment to 9580 NEC billet.
5. Completion of regional Command Master Chief Course using the NAVEDTRA 38204-A, Student’s Source Book is required.
Information contained on this page is derived from the Navy Enlisted Manpower and Personnel Classifications and Occupational Standards Manual, Volume II, NAVPERS 18068F, which is the official manual for Navy Enlisted Classifications (NECs).