By Rod Powers
The Child Development Center provides full-time and part-time care for military and DOD family members from six weeks of age up through kindergarten.
The Child Development Homes Program has approximately 10 homes in the The Child Development Homes Program with 60 spaces available (includes provider's children). The goals of the Child Development Homes Program are as follows:
1. The Child Development Homes Program has been established Navy-wide to increase the availability of quality, affordable childcare for military families.
2. To establish standards of child care for the protection and well being of children while away from their homes.
3. To encourage and assist Child Development Homes Providers to operate a quality, nurturing program for children.
4. To provide an opportunity for spouses of military and DOD personnel to operate a business in their homes within Navy guidelines.
5. To allow parents to perform their duties of work without undue concern about the care their children are receiving.
Each provider sets their own fees and hours within broad guidelines. For more information, contact our Family Child Care Director at (760) 939-6683.
SCHOOL AGE CARE (Before and After School/Summer Camp) offers a complete before and after school care program, as well as drop-in and hourly care. Transportation is provided to each school for an extra charge. The children get two snacks a day and participate in projects such as art, games, reading, and field trips. Fees are determined by total family income and vary depending upon required services.
KINDEROOZ (Kindergarten Program) offers complete before and after school care for children who are attending Kindergarten. Fees are determined by total family income. Transportation is provided to each school for an extra charge. The Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department's Youth Center offers before and after school care for school aged children. For more information, call them at (760) 939-2909.