Like the other services, the Marine Corps offers monetary incentives to enlist into MOSs (jobs) that the Marines consider to be "undermanned" in the initial enlistment categories.
The below chart shows the enlistment bonuses authorized in MCO 1130.53P. However, the bonus amount may, or may not be available at the time/location of your enlistment. Unlike the other services, the Marine Corps "rations" their bonuses to their various recruiting commands, based on available total funds. In other words, while Chicago may have some bonus authorizations, New York may have already used all their bonus authorizations for the fiscal year. The only way to tell if the bonus is currently offered in your recruiting location is to speak with a Marine Corps recruiter.
Bonus Program: Shipping Bonus (Any MOS)
Ship to Basic Training between December and May -- $3,000
Ship to Basic Training between June and November -- $2,000
Term of Service Required: 5 years
Test Scores Required: AFQT 50
- No waivers given for monetary gain.
- Applicants who use drugs while in the DEP will lose their program (not waiverable).
- No felony convictions.
- No drug or moral waiver that is above the Recruiting Station Level.
- No serious offenses to include those waived at the Recruiting Station Level.
- Tier I (High School Diploma or at least 15 college credits)
- Must meet all the requirements of Aviation Electronics Enlistment Option.
Also see General Enlistment Bonus Information