Like the other services, the Marine Corps offers monetary incentives to enlist into MOSs (jobs) that the Marines consider to be "undermanned" in the initial enlistment categories.
The below chart shows the enlistment bonuses authorized in MCO 1130.53P. However, the bonus amount may, or may not be available at the time/location of your enlistment. Unlike the other services, the Marine Corps "rations" their bonuses to their various recruiting commands, based on available total funds. In other words, while Chicago may have some bonus authorizations, New York may have already used all their bonus authorizations for the fiscal year. The only way to tell if the bonus is currently offered in your recruiting location is to speak with a Marine Corps recruiter.
Bonus Program: Fire Direction Control Specialist Enlistment Bonus
Bonus Amount: $6,000
Term of Service Required: 4 years
Test Scores Required: GT 105 and AFQT 50
MOSs Authorized for Bonus
0800 Field Artillery
- No waivers given for monetary gain.
- Applicants who use drugs while in the DEP will lose their program (not waiverable).
- Tier I (High School Diploma or at least 15 college credits)
- Must meet all the requirements of Fire Direction/Control Specialist Enlistment Option.
- Program not open to female applicants
Also see General Enlistment Bonus Information