The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver) are an authenticated history of:
Current cystitis (595), or history of chronic or recurrent cystitis is disqualifying.
Current urethritis (597.80), or history of chronic or recurrent urethritis is disqualifying.
History of enuresis (788.30) or incontinence of urine after 13th birthday is disqualifying
Current hematuria (599.7), pyuria, or other findings indicative of urinary tract disease (599) is disqualifying.
Current urethral stricture (598) or fistula (599.1) is disqualifying.
(1) Current absence of one kidney, congenital (753.0) or acquired (V45.73) is disqualifying.
(2) Current pyelonephritis (chronic or recurrent) (590.0) or any other unspecified infections of the kidney (590.9) is disqualifying.
(3) Current or history of polycystic kidney (753.1) is disqualifying.
(4) Current or history of horseshoe kidney (753.3) is disqualifying.
(5) Current or history of hydronephrosis (591) is disqualifying.
(6) Current or history of acute (580) or chronic (582) nephritis of any type is disqualifying. g. Current or history of proteinuria (791.0) (greater than 200 milligrams (mg)/24 hours; or a protein to creatinine ratio greater than 0.2 in a random urine sample, if greater than 48 hours after strenuous activity) is disqualifying, unless consultation determines the condition to be benign orthostatic proteinuria.
Current or history of urolithiasis (592) within the preceding 12 months is disqualifying. Recurrent calculus, nephrocalcinosis, or bilateral renal calculi at any time, is disqualifying.
Derived from Department of Defense (DOD) Directive 6130.3, "Physical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment, and Induction," and DOD Instruction 6130.4, "Criteria and Procedure Requirements for Physical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment, or Induction in the Armed Forces."