The Mechanical Comprehension subtest of the ASVAB consists of 25 multiple choice questions, which must be answered in 19 minutes. Below are a few sample questions which are very similar to the actual questions you'll see on the ASVAB:
1. Using casters or bearings to move an object,
(A) converts sliding friction to rolling friction.
(B) converts rolling friction to sliding friction.
(C) gives a mechanical advantage of 2.
(D) makes moving the object more difficult.
2. A wedge is an example of a(n):
(B) incline plane
3. A simple pulley gives a mechanical advantage of:
4. If a force of 200 pounds is exerted over an area of 10 square inches, what is the psi?
6. If a ramp measures 6 feet in length and 3 feet in height, an object weighing 200 pounds will require how much effort to move using the ramp?
(A) 200 pounds
(B) 100 pounds
(C) 50 pounds
(D) 300 pounds
1. (A) 2. (B) 3. (C) 4. (C) 5. (B)
For more practice questions, you may wish to pick up a copy of my book, ASVAB for Dummies.