1. Careers
Send to a Friend via Email

Discuss in my forum

2008 Guard and Reserve Housing Allowance


Updated December 15, 2007

Members of the National Guard and United States Military Reserves do not receive a housing allowance when performing weekend drill duty.

Guard and Reserve members on active duty for less than 30 days receive a different type of housing allowance than active duty members. This type of housing allowance is known as Basic Allowance for Housing Reserve Component/Transit, and pays less, on average, than Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Type I, which is based upon a member's rank, dependency status, and location of assignment.

Below are the BAH Type II rates for 2008:

Enlisted Members

Warrant Officers

Commissioned Officers

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.