Major duties. The electronics intelligence (ELINT) interceptor/analyst performs and supervises detection, acquisition, location, identification, exploitation, and reporting of foreign ELINT at all echelons. Performs collection management.
(1) Skill Level 1. Deploys, installs, and operates ELINT collection systems. Searches for selected categories or classes of electro-optic or foreign instrumentation signals (FIS). Operates communications equipment for SIGINT reporting and coordination. Uses technical references and equipment to record and analyze intercepted signals. Uses specialized database and technical references to identify intercepted signals. Reports electronic order of battle (EOB) information and maintains a technical database.
(2) Skill Level 2. Supervises electronic intelligence collection teams and searches for general categories or classes of electronic intelligence or electro-optic signals and operates all intercept, recording, and analysis equipment in a fixed or tactical operation. Uses database and technical references to identify intercepted signals. Recommends employment of units and establishes operations sites. Assists in fusion product reporting. Prepares and maintains enemy order of battle information.
(3) Skill Level 3 . Performs duties shown in preceding skill level and provides guidance to subordinate soldiers. Supervises squad level intercept and analysis of ELINT signals. Interprets and analyzes technical documents and reports. Assigns missions and inter cepts complex signals. Implements SIGINT/EW emergency action plans.
(4) Skill Level 4 . Performs duties shown in preceding skill level and provides guidance to subordinate soldiers. Supervises ELINT intercept and analysis activities at platoon level. Interprets and implements ELINT collection tasking. Identifies and allocates resources to accomplish the collection effort, Coordinates collection activities with other intelligence disciplines. Determines mission objectives and priorities.
(5) Skill Level 5.Performs duties shown in preceding skill level and provides guidance to subordinate grade soldiers, Supervises immediate subordinates in SIGINT operations and command intelligence procedures. Coordinates tactical and strategic ELINT and provides appraisals of intelligence products, activities and operations. Develops unit intelligence training strategy.
Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. ELINT interceptor/analysts must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating, of moderately heavy.
(2) A physical profile, of 222221.
(3) Normal color vision.
(4) A minimum score, of 105 in aptitude area ST.
(5) The soldier must meet TOP SECRET Security Clearance, and Sensitive Compartment Information (SCI) access eligibility requirements.
(6) A high school graduate or equivalent.
(7) Never been a member of the U.S. Peace Corps, except as specified in AR 614-200, chapter I.
(8) No information in military personnel, Provost Marshal, intel ligence, or medical records which will prevent the granting of Security Clearance, under AR 380-67.
(9) No record of conviction by court-martial.
(10) No record of conviction by a civil court for any offense other than minor traffic violations.
(11) The soldier must be a U.S. citizen.
(12) Soldier and spouse must not have immediate family mem bers who reside in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be common practice, either against-
(a)Persons accused of or acting in the interest of the United States or
(b)The relatives of such persons to whom they may reasonably be considered to be bound by ties of affection, kinship, or obligation. Near relatives will also include uncles, aunts, grandparents, father-in-law, mother-in-law, and relationships corresponding to any of the above persons in loco parentis (AR 630-5, para 6-2b).
(13) Have neither commercial nor vested interest in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be a common practice against persons acting in the interest of the Uaited States. This requirement applies to the soldier's spouse as well.
(14) Meet career management and development criteria contained in AR 614-200.
(15) Formal training (completion of MOS 981 course under the auspices of U.S. Army Intelligence Center mandatory.
(16) Be advised that due to the nature of training and assign ments, temporary restrictions may be placed on foreign travel both during and after the term of service.
(1) 11--Telemetry Collection Operations.
(2) P5--Master Fitness Trainer.
(3) Z8--Technical FLINT Collection and Analysis.
(4) 2S--Battle Staff Operations (skill level 3 and above).
(5) 2T--TENCAP Data Analyst.
(6) 4A--Reclassiflcation Training.
Information derived from Army Pamplet 611-21