Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. Electronic warfare/signal intelligence voice interceptors must possess the following qalifications:
(1) A physical demands rating, of very heavy.
(2) A physical profile, of 222121.
(3) Normal color vision.
(4) Pass a phonetic sound discrimination test.
(5)A minimum score, of 95 in aptitude area ST.
(6) The soldier must meet TOP SECRET Security Clearance, and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access eligibility requirements.
(7) A high school graduate or equivalent.
(8) A qualifying score on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery, (DLAI3) as prescribed by AR 611-6.
(9) Meet hearing acuity test standards per AR 40-501.
(10) Never been a member of the U.S. Peace Corps, except as specified in AR 614-200, chapter 1.
(11) No information in military personnel, Provost Marshal, intel ligence, or medical records which would prevent the granting of a security clearance under AR 380-67,
(12) No record of conviction by court-martial,
(13) No record of conviction by civil court for any offense other than minor traffic violations.
(14) The soldier must be a U.S. citizen.
(15) Soldier and spouse must not have immediate family mem bers who reside in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be common practice, either against-
(a)Persons accused of or acting in the interest of the U.S. or
(b)The relatives of such persons to whom they may reasonably be considered to be bound by ties of affection, kinship, or obligation. Near relatives will also include uncles, aunts, grandparents, father-in-law, mother-in-law, and relationships corresponding to any of the above persons in loco parentis (AR 630-5, para 6-2b).
(16) Have neither commercial nor vested interest in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be a common practice against persons acting in the interest of the U.S. This requirement applies to the soldier's spouse as well.
(17) Meet career management and development criteria contained in AR 614-200.
(18) Formal traming (completion of MOS 98G course under the auspices of U.S. Army Intelligence Center) mandatory. Must also complete formal language training or meet the civilian acquired skills criteria listed in AR 601-210.
(19) Be advised that due to the nature of training and assign ments, temporary restrictions may be placed on foreign travel both during and after the term of service.
(2) P5--Master Fitness Trainer,
(3) 2S--Battle Staff Operations (skill level 3 and above).
(4) 4A--Reclassification Training.
Information derived from Army Pamplet 611-21