Basic Job Description
The Common Ground Station Analyst accomplishes their mission through the use of the Common Ground Station and the US Air Force Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (JSTARS) aircraft. The information collected and analyzed by Common Ground Station Analysts is used to evaluate strategy and tactics in order to counteract the effects of the enemy. The Common Ground Station Analyst is primarily responsible for the detection, locating and tracking of ground targets also known as Moving Target Indicators or MTI.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
Deploys and redeploys the CGS in a tactical environment. Operates the computer network systems in the CGS. Analyzes Moving Target Indicators (MTI), Synethic Aperture Radar (SAR) and softcopy imagery, to include infrared and electro-optical. Correlates intelligence obtained from other assets. Analyzes JSTARS near-real-time radar imagery data, SIGINT data and SIDS products received via the CTT/JTT. Analyzes softcopy imagery, to include infrared and electro-optical. Correlates intelligence obtained from other assets. Drafts and disseminates intelligence messages to cue or tip off other intelligence collectors or consumers in support of the commander's requirements. Performs maintenance on the prime mover and the CGS mission equipment.
Supervises imagery ground station shift operations. Performs reconnaissance and imagery ground station site selection. Performs Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield in support of imagery ground station mission planning. Reviews incoming/outgoing messages. Conducts post-mission analysis. Prepares situation briefings based upon the imagery ground station collection.
19 weeks, 4 days at at Fort Huachuca, AZ
ASVAB Score Required: 95 in aptitude area SC and 105 in apti tude area ST
Security Clearance: Secret
Strength Requirement: moderately heavy
Physical Profile Requirement: 222111
- Normal color vision required
- Must be US Citizen
- Near vision correctable to approximately 14/14 (inches) standard Snellen, distance vision correctable to 20/20 (inches) stand ard Snellen and normal stereoscopic acuity with or without correction.
- Pass hearing acuity test on audiometer. Sound amplitude must not exceed 15 decibels at frequencies 250, 500, 1000, 2000 and 4000 CPS (HZ)
- Successfully completed (and show proof of credit by official copy of transcript) 1 year of high school algebra
- Never been a member of the U.S. Peace Corps
- No record of conviction by court martial
- No record of conviction by a civil court for any offense other than minor traffic violations
Similar Civilian Occupations
- Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Business Operations Specialists
- Computer Operators
- Database Administrators
- Operations Research Analysts
- Radio Operators
- Training and Development Specialists