Basic Job Description
Water treatment specialists are primarily responsible for supervising or performing the installation and operation of water purification equipment, as well as dealing with water storage and distribution operations and activities. They also inspect facilities and food supplies for the presence of disease, germs or other conditions hazardous to health and the environment.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
- Perform water quality analysis testing and verification
- Assist in water reconnaissance and site preparation
- Operate and maintain water treatment equipment
- Assist in setup of water treatment activity
Job training for a water treatment specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 14 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in testing different products.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Identification of health hazards
- Inspection of food products, food service operations, wastewater and waste
Score Required: 88 in aptitude area GM.
Security Clearance: None
Strength Requirement: very heavy
Physical Profile Requirement: 211221
- Normal color vision required
Similar Civilian Occupations
- The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with local, state or federal government agencies. You’ll be able to consider a future as a food and drug inspector, public health inspector, health and safety inspectors or industrial hygienists.