Note: This MOS no longer exists. The information below is maintained here for historical purposes, only.
Major duties. The wheel vehicle repairer performs direct support and general support maintenance on wheel vehicles, material handling equipment (less propulsion motor on electrical MHE), trailers, and associated items.
(1) Skill Level 1. Repairs diesel power plants/packs, wheel vehicle clutch assemblies, compression ignition engine fuel systems, compression ignition air induction systems, vehicle liquid cooling systems, wheel vehicle chassis electrical systems, standard transmission assemblies, automatic transmission assemblies, air controlled semiautomatic transmission assemblies, transfer assemblies, axle assemblies air (wedge, s-cam) brake systems, wheel vehicle hub assemblies, wheel vehicle mechanic (manual) steering systems, wheel vehicle hydraulic (power) steering systems, and articulated steering systems. Repairs wheel vehicle using battlefield damage assessment and repair.
(2) Skill Level 2. Performs duties in preceding skill level, supervises lower grade soldiers and provides technical guidance to the soldiers in the accomplishment of their duties.
Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. Wheel vehicle repairers must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating, of very heavy.
(2) A physical profile, of 222232.
(3) Normal color vision.
(4) A minimum score, of 90 in aptitude area MM.
(5) Current equipment qualification record for all types of equipment maintained.
(6) Formal training (completion of MOS 63W course conducted under the auspices of the USA Ordnance Center and School) mandatory.
(1) H8--Recovery Operations.
(2) P5--Master Fitness Trainer.
(3) 4A--Reclassification Training.
Information derived from Army Pamplet 611-21