Basic Job Description
The Bradley fighting vehicle system maintainer handles the maintenance and repair of the M2/M3, A2/A3 Bradley fighting vehicle, the M6 Bradley linebacker air defense vehicle and the M-7 Bradley fire support team vehicle.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
- Perform maintenance on gas particulate systems, vehicular mounted armament and associated fire control systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions and perform maintenance and onboard direct support tasks on the Bradley fighting vehicle suspension and steering systems
- Perform maintenance on fire extinguisher and suppression systems
Job training for a bradley fighting vehicle system maintainer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 23 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Some of the skills you'll learn are:
- Engine repair and tune up
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems
- Repair and replace body panels, fenders, power packs, weapons systems and radiators
ASVAB Score Required: 99 in aptitude area MM OR 88 in aptitude area MM and 92 in aptitude area GT
Security Clearance: None
Strength Requirement: very heavy
Physical Profile Requirement: 222222
- Normal color vision required
- This job is closed to women
Similar Civilian Occupations
- The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with auto and construction equipment dealers, farm equipment companies and state highway agencies. You'll be able to pursue a career as a garage mechanic, carburetor mechanic, transmission mechanic, radiator mechanic, construction equipment mechanic or endless track vehicle mechanic.