Note: This MOS no longer exists. The information below is maintained here for historical purposes, only.
Major duties.(Note: This job is available only in the Reserves and National Guard). The M60A1/A3 tank turret mechanic performs unit maintenance on vehicular-mounted armament including machine guns, associated fire control, and related systems on M60A1/A3 tank and M48A5 tank turrets.
(1) Skill Level 1. Troubleshoots and performs unit maintenance on vehicular-mounted armament, associated fire control, and related systems and components of M60A1/A3 tank and M48A5 tanks.
(2) Skill Level 2. Performs duties in preceding skill level, supervises lower grade soldiers and provides technical guidance to the soldiers in the accomplishment of their duties. Diagnoses and corrects malfunctions of vehicular-mounted armament, associated fire control, and related systems and components of M60A1/A3, and M48A5 tanks.
Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. M6OA l/A3 tank turret mechanics must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating, of very heavy.
(2) A physical profile, of 222222.
(3) Normal color vision.
(4) A minimum score, of 100 in aptitude area MM.
(5) Formal training (completion of MOS 45N course conducted under the auspices of the USA Ordnance Center and School) mandatory.
NOTE: This job is closed to women.
(1) P5--Master Fitness Trainer.
(2) 4A--Reclassiflcation Training.
Information derived from Army Pamplet 611-21