The finance management technician is responsible for receiving and post funding, commitment and obligations documents to accounting and budget systems. Receive and process treasury checks for payment. Maintain disbursing files and prepare periodic financial reports. Receive, review, prepare and compute travel vouchers. Receive, review, and process pay documents. Receive and review contracts, invoices and receiving reports. Prepare payment vouchers in accordance with various government regulations. Perform duties as cashier.
Job training for a financial management technician requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction for accounting techniques.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Accounting principles and procedures
- Maintenance of financial reports and budgets
- Analyzing financial data
- Computation of pay and deductions
ASVAB Score Required: 101 in aptitude area CL
Security Clearance: None
Strength Requirement: light
Physical Profile Requirement: 323221
- No record of conviction of any crime involving moral turpitude
- No record of any information which might adversely reflect against the character, honesty, or integrity of the soldier
Similar Civilian Occupations
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks