Basic Job Description
Criminal Investigations Special Agents are primarily responsible for supervising or conducting investigations of incidents and offenses or allegations of criminality that affect Army or Defense personnel, property, facilities or activities.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
Assists in investigations of incidents and offenses or allegations of criminality. Investigates incidents and offenses or allegations of criminality.
Investigates incidents and offenses or allegations of criminality, reviews completed cases and processes evi dence. Serves as Chief of Investigative Support.
Job training for a criminal investigations special agent requires completing 15 weeks of a resident course, which is designed to train criminal investigation duties in field units for the Army.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are: Civil and military laws, investigation
procedures and techniques, crime scene processing and testimonial evidence.
ASVAB Score Required: 117 in aptitude area ST and 110 in aptitude area GT
Security Clearance: Secret
Strength Requirement: N/A
Physical Profile Requirement: 222221
- Normal color vision required
- Must be able to speak and write clearly to express questions, conduct interviews, and present information when testifying
- Must have six months experience as Military or civilian police, or must complete apprentice period with CID
- Must currently be serving in the Army for at least two years, but no more than 10 years of service upon application.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- No record of psychological or pathological personality disorders
- No record of unsatisfactory credit
- No civil court or court-martial convictions
- Minimum age of 21
- 2 years of college (60 semester hours, minimum)
- Maximum rank of Sergeant, non-promotable
- 36 month service obligation at completion of apprentice special agents course
Similar Civilian Occupations
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Police and Detectives
- Private Detectives and Investigators
- Training and Development Specialists
- Detectives and Criminal Investigators