Basic Job Description
Concrete and asphalt equipment operators are responsible for supervising or operating all equipment used in concrete and asphalt production, which is integral to the construction of airfields, roads, dams and buildings.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
- Produce concrete with a mixer
- Supervise the building of asphalt producing plants
- Operate asphalt distributors, spreaders and kettles
- Perform combat engineer missions
- Operate equipment for paving and surfacing
Job training for a concrete and asphalt equipment operator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and six weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operation of different types of concrete and asphalt equipment
- Maintenance and repair of equipment
ASVAB Score Required: 88 in aptitude area GM
Security Clearance: None
Strength Requirement: very heavy
Physical Profile Requirement: 222221
- Red/green color discrimination
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator license
Similar Civilian Occupations
- The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with building contractors, state highway agencies, rock quarries, well drillers and construction firms.