Basic Job Description
Note: This is not an entry-level job.
The construction equipment supervisor supervises construction equipment, quarry, paving, and plant equipment operations, and crew maintenance of equipment.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
Supervises employment and maintenance activities related to lifting, general and heavy construction equipment in support of construction operations. Estimates equipment and operator requirements for specific jobs. Assists in supervision of unit engaged in construction equipment operation. Organizes and directs well drilling operations. Directs combat engineering missions.
Devises network flow diagrams such as the critical path method and coordinates work activities of supporting units. Provides supervision over all engineer construction equipment operations. Develops and executes a quality control plan. Plans and organizes for combat engineering missions.
ASVAB Score Required: 90 in aptitude area GM
Security Clearance: None
Strength Requirement: very heavy.
Physical Profile Requirement: 222221
- Red/green color discrimination
- Completion of the Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course (BNCOC)
- Completion of the Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Course (ANCOC)
- 10-14 years of service on average
Similar Civilian Occupations
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers