Basic Job Description
The general construction equipment operator operates air compressors and special purpose construction machines engaged in compaction, ditching, pumping and auguring.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
Operates air compressors and related pneumatic tools. Operates SEE and attachments, performing digging, backfilling and loading operations. Operates self-propelled compaction rollers during construction operations. Operates water distributor during compaction and dust control operations. Operates earth auger, rotary sweeper and tiller. Assists in performance of combat engineer missions.
Operates all general construction equipment. Directs operational maintenance on assigned equipment.
7 weeks, 0 days at Fort Leonard Wood, MO.
ASVAB Score Required: 90 in aptitude area GM
Security Clearance: None
Strength Requirement: very heavy.
Physical Profile Requirement: 222221
- Red/green color discrimination
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator license
Similar Civilian Occupations
- Crane and Tower Operators
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators