Note: This MOS no longer exists. It was merged into MOS 21J, General Construction Equulpment Operator. The below information is maintained here for historical purposes.
Major duties. The crane operator operates crawler and truck mounted cranes and crane shovels.
(1) Skill Level 1. Installs and removes crane booms, extensions and hook blocks. Positions crane outriggers assemblies and maneuvers in response to hand signals. Installs, rigs and removes crane attachments. Performs clamshell, dragline, wrecking ball, pile driving, and hook block operations. Determines safe lifting capacities. Assists in performance of combat engineer missions.
(2) Skill Level 2. Operates cranes with related attachments. Directs operational maintenance on assigned equipment.
Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. Crane operators must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating, of very heavy.
(2) A physical profile, of 222221.
(3) Red/green color discrimination.
(4) A minimum score, of 90 in aptitude area GM.
(5) Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator license.
(6) Formal training (completion of MOS 21F course conducted under auspices of U.S. Army Engineer School) mandatory, or meet the civilian acquired skills criteria listed in AR 601-210.
(1) P5--Master Fitness Trainer.
(2) 4A--Reclassiflcation Training.
Information derived from Army Pamplet 611-21