Basic Job Description
Bridge crewmembers provide bridge and rafting support for dry and wet gap crossing operations when a squad, section or platoon tackles rough terrain in combat situations.
Duties performed by Soldiers in this MOS include:
- Operate bridge truck and light vehicles
- Perform duties as a deckhand on the bridge erection boat
- Assist in the preparation of a bridge site, rafts and bridge operations
- Installation of kedge anchorage systems, wire obstacle material, overhead anchorage systems and demolition firing systems
- Launch and retrieve ribbon bridge bays
- Assembly and maintenance of military fixed and float bridges
Job training for bridge crewmembers requires 14 weeks of One Station Unit Training, which includes Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
ASVAB Score Required: 87 in aptitude area CO
Security Clearance: None
Strength Requirement: very heavy.
Physical Profile Requirement: 111221
- Normal color vision required
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator license.
Similar Civilian Occupations
- The skills you learn will help prepare you for practically any position in the field of construction.