Type of MOS : EMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Cpl
Job Description: Ground operations specialists perferm duties in an infantry operations and training section.
Complete the Combat Operations Specialist Course, Expeditionary Warfare Training Group, Pacific or Atlantic.
(1) Assists in the establishment and maintenance of the operation section's installation in the field.
(2) Prepares operation maps and maintains situation maps indicating location, strength, tactical deployment, and emplacements of friendly units.
(3) Receives and records on situation maps pertinent information obtained from intelligence and reconnaissance reports using conventional signs and symbols.
(4) Maintains an operations journal that contains briefs of important written and oral messages received and sent, and notations of periodic reports, orders, and similar matters that pertain to the section or unit.
(5) Maintains an operations journal file.
(6) Assists in allocating training areas and coordinating training activities.
(7) Assists in preparing war diaries and special reports upon completion of an operation.
(8) supervises the performance of, or performs, typing, clerical, and drafting duties incident to the preparation, reproduction, and distribution of operations orders, training orders, memorandums, schedules, status reports, and S-3 periodic reports.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Intelligence Clerk 249.387-014.
(2) Infantry Operations Specialist 378.367-022.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Administrative Clerk, 0151.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3