Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Typical duties of the METOC analyst forecaster include observing, collecting, recording, validating, processing, disseminating, and assimilation of METOC data and information to formulate forecasts and environmental assessments. METOC analyst forecasters use and perform preventive maintenance on METOC sensors, information technology systems, and equipment. Additionally, at the rank of staff sergeant, METOC analyst forecasters are required to manage METOC computer systems and local METOC databases, web pages, and network communications.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher.
(2) Complete the Meteorology and Oceanography Analyst/Forecaster Course, or the Air Force Weather Apprentice Course at Keesler AFB, MS, or possess a baccalaureate degree in meteorology from an accredited institution of higher learning.
(4) Must have normal color vision.
(5) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(1) Assess and predict meteorological, oceanographic, hydrologic and space environmental parameters in support of Joint and Marine Corps Operations.
(2) Forecast every type of weather condition including severe weather, winter weather, and tropical weather.
(3) Forecast oceanographic conditions like sea state conditions, near shore conditions, and river stages.
(4) Prepare and disseminate mission specific products and briefings.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Weather Clerk 248.362-014.
(2) Weather Observer 025.267-014.
(3) Meteorologist 025.062-010.
(4) Oceanographer Assistant 025.267-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Artillery Meteorological Man, 0847
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3