Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: Cpl to Pvt
Job Description: THIS MOS HAS BEEN MERGED WITH MOS 6842. IT IS RETAINED FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PURPOSES. Typical duties of METOC observers include observing, recording, validating, processing, disseminating, and assimilation of METOC data. METOC observers use and perform preventive maintenance on METOC sensors, information technology systems and equipment.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher.
(2) Complete the Meteorology and Oceanography Analyst Forecaster Course at Keesler AFB, MS.
(3) Must possess a top-secret security clearance and be eligible for access to sensitive compartmented information, predicated upon a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSB1). Marine recruits must submit their special background investigation prior to departing from the recruit depot.
(4) Must have normal color vision.
(5) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(1) Observe and report cloud types and amounts, visibility, weather and obstructions to vision, wind speed, direction and character and barometric pressure.
(2) Provide value added remarks on weather observations indicating the direction and movement of thunderstorms, and tornados:, hail occurrences and additive data.
(3) Observe and report tidal conditions, wave height, period and sea state.
(4) Utilize state-of-the art technology for data production and dissemination.
(5) Assist in the preparation of METOC products and briefings.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Weather Clerk 248.362-014.
(2) Weather Observer 025.267-014.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Artillery Meteorological Man, 0847
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3