Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: Sgt to Pvt
Job Description: Aviation electronic microminiature/instrument and cable repair technicians, at the IMA level, inspect, test, maintain, and repair modules, cards, printed-circuit boards, cables, instruments, and miniature and microminiature components. They also perform appropriate level of corrosion control.
(1) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(2) Must have normal color perception.
(3) Must possess an EL score of 105 or higher.
(4) Must have a confidential security clearance.
(5) Complete the Avionics Technician I Level class AI, at NATTC NAS Pensacola, FL.
(6) Complete the Aircraft Communication Systems Pipeline Course, IMA at CNATT Mar Unit Cherry Point, NC and have completed a sufficient period of OJT to qualify as an Aircraft Communication Systems, lMA technician.
(7) Complete the Miniature Electronics Repair Course, IMA at CNATT Det San Diego, CA or Fleet Training Center, Norfolk, VA or NAMTRAGRU Det NS Mayport, FL and have completed a sufficient period of OJT to qualify as an Aviation Electronic Microminiature/Instrument and Cable Repair, IMA technician.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO P4790.20, Maintenance Training Management and Evaluation Program (MATMEP) for MOS 6423.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Avionics Technician 823.281-010.
(2) Electronics Mechanic 828.281-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Microminiature Circuit Repair Specialist, 5911.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3