Type of MOS : NMOS
Rank Range: Sgt to Pvt
Job Description: Aircraft cryptographic systems technicians at the lMA level, inspect, test, maintain, and repair equipment, assemblies, subassemblies, modules, cards, and other components of airborne cryptographic systems. This MOS is assigned only to those specifically selected personnel already qualified and holding an lMA communications systems MOS (6412).
(1) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(2) Must have normal color perception.
(3) Must have a secret security clearance.
(4) Complete the Avionics Technician I Level class AI, at NATTC NAS Pensacola, FL.
(5) Complete the Aircraft Communication Systems Pipeline Course, IMA at CNATT Mar Unit Cherry Point, NC and have completed a sufficient period of OJT to qualify as an Aircraft Communication Systems, lMA technician.
(6) Complete the approved secure voice, limited maintenance cryptographic course, lMA at CNATT Mar Unit Cherry Point, NC and have completed a sufficient period of OJT to qualify as an Aircraft Cryptographic Systems, IMA technician.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO P4790.20, Maintenance Training Management and Evaluation Program (MATMEP) for MOS 6422.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Avionics Technician 823.281-010.
(2) Electronics Mechanic 828.281-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Aircraft Communications Systems Technician, lMA, 6412.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3