Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: Sgt to Pvt
Job Description: Aviation radar repairers install, test, adjust, organizational maintenance on the AN/TPS-63B, AN/TPS-59 (V)3, and equipment of the TAOC. and provide associated IFF
(1) Must possess an EL score of 105 or higher, not waiverable.
(2) Complete the Aviation Radar Repairer Course.
(3) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(4) Must have a minimum of 1-year high school algebra.
(5) Must have normal color vision.
(6) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(1) Uses theory of operation of solid-state devices and vacuum tubes, transformers, motor generators, and electronic circuits (analog and digital) .
(2) Operates and performs organizational maintenance of the mechanical coolant and pneumatic units in the radar system.
(3) Assembles and disassembles radar equipmeLt and prepares it for operation or shipment as applicable.
(4) Observes safety precautions in system operation, maintenance, and repair.
(5) Uses fundamentals of electronics, radar circuitry, and theory of electricity and magnetism including alternating and direct current.
(6) Operates, sites, installs, and performs organizational maintenance on IFF equipment.
(7) Operates test equipment utilized in the corrective and preventive maintenance of both radar and IFF equipment.
(8) Performs preventive maintenance on radar and IFF equipment following the maintenance publications.
(9) Tunes, aligns, adjusts, and calibrates the radar and IFF equipment following the instructions in the publications.
(10) Diagnoses malfunctions by visual inspection or by use of available test equipment.
(11) Repairs and/or replaces faulty parts.
(12) Maintains tools and system repair instruments.
(13) Requisitions supplies.
(14) Maintains the required maintenance reco:r'ds and compiles data for reports.
(15) Performs and records preventive maintenance.
(16) Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Electronics Mechanic 828.281-010.
(2) supervisor, Electronics Systems Maintenance 828.161-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Aviation Radar Technician, 5948.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3