Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Correctional specialists guard and provide 24-hour supervision of the daily activities of confined and restrained personnel at Naval Brigs and Correctional Custody Units to prevent disturbances and escapes. Correctional specialists perform routine inspections, process personnel for confinement and release; transport prisoners, absentees and deserters; manage prisoner's funds and personal property; observe and report meaningful changes in prisoner behavior; and report infractions of the unit's regulations. Corrections specialist also provide commanders with the mission of Regional Detention Facilities in theater with subject matter expertise on the safe, humane and efficient care of enemy detainees entrusted to their care.
(1) Must have a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Complete the Correctional specialist Course, Marine Corps Administrative Detachment, Lackland AFB, TX.
(3) Must be over 19 years of age and possess a high degree of maturity and emotional stability.
(4) Have no convictions by courts-martial, and no nonjudicial punishment convictions involving illegal drugs or moral turpitude.
(5) Have no record of civil court conviction that resulted in confinement.
(6) Requests for lateral move into MOS 5831 should be accompanied by an interview and recommendation by an installation's senior corrections officer, MOS 5804.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.86, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Correction Officer 372.667-018.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3