Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: CBRN defense specialists' primary responsibility is to ensure their unit is trained and ready to survive and operate in a CBRN environment. CBRN defense specialist assists, conduct, and supervise training in CBRN defense monitor, survey and reconnaissance, chemical detection and identification, biological agent collection and sampling, decontamination of personnel, equipment and casualties, and in individual protective measures and firs aid for unit personnel. CBRN defense specialties also operate within the unit's combat operations center assisting CBRN defense officers in providing commanders in recommended courses of action to meet operational objectives and facilitate mission accomplishment as they relate to CBRN defense. CBRN defense specialists provide tactical information to the commander relative to radiation exposure status, location of contaminated areas on the battlefield, and readiness status of their unit's CBRN defense equipment. Additionally, CBRN defense specialists are responsible for the employment, maintenance, and serviceability, of CBRN defense equipment and supplies. This MOAS will be assigned and voided only by the authority of the CMC (MM).
(1) Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher.
(2) Complete the Basic CBRN Defense Enlisted Course at the U.S. Marine Corps NBC School, Ft. Leonard Wood, MO.
(3) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(4) Must not have any known hypersensitivity to the wearing of protective clothing or immunizations.
(5) Must not have any respiratory problem that prohibits a masked individual from accomplishing their assigned tasks.
(6) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(7) Must be 18 years of age or older.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 3500.70, CBRN Defense Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Decontaminator 99.384-010.
(2) Disaster or Damage Control Specialist 378.267-014.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3