Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: SSgt to Pvt
Job Description: Combat photographers take digital photographs using all types of cameras and accessories in a variety of environments (including time of darkness and underwater) to support a wide range of requirements including: information operations, operational imagery, civil affairs, intelligence imagery, investigations, research, development, test and evaluation, recruiting, etc. Performs equipment inspection, preventive maintenance, visual and electronic quality control, captioning, archive accessioning, and photographic finishing. Combat photographer NCOs draft reports, official correspondence, and budget; supervise and instruct personnel in the operation of all equipment and software related to MOS 4641, as well as supervising and organizing all aspects of photographic operations.
(1) Must have a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Must have normal color vision.
(3) Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.
(4) Complete the Basic Still Photographic Course, Ft. Meade, MD or demonstrate MOS proficiency through completion of appropriate civilian schooling.
(5) Must be a U.S. citizen.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.54, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Photographer, Still 143.062-030.
(2) Photojournalist 143.062-034.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3