Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: The legal services specialist MOS encompasses every facet of legal administration with the exception of courts-martial reporting. General duties involve the legal operational, managerial, clerical, and administrative duties incident to an LSSS, law center, or office of the staff judge advocate. Typical duties include research, preparation and typing of general correspondence, forms, reports, wills, powers of attorney, and other documents dealing with legal and quasi-legal matters; checking all completed work for typographical accuracy; maintaining office correspondence files, directives, and publications; if senior in grade, will act as the legal services chief and senior enlisted advisor directly responsible to the OIC/SJA for the overall assignment. performance, training, counseling, morale, discipline and welfare of all enlisted personnel. The legal services chief is the active liaison between the command dealing with enlisted policy and duty assignments and advisor to the judge advocates with regaId to enlisted instruction and supervision. Selected Marines may attend follow-on training at the Legal Services Scopist Course. Legal services scopists are responsible to assist legal services reporters in the preparation and assembly of typewritten, summarized or verbatim transcripts.
(1) Must have a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) Demonstrate a typing proficiency of 35 words per minute and complete the Legal Services Specialist Course.
(3) Must have received no nonjudicial punishment s or been convicted by courts-martial or civilian court for any offense involving controlled substances, nor convicted by courts-martial or civilian court for any offense involving moral turpitude.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.51, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Legal secretary 201.362-010.
(2) Paralegal Assistant 119.267-026.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Administrative Clerk, 0151.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3